The SYNEG Charter
SYNEG brings together French manufacturers and the French subsidiaries of European manufacturers, working in the field of manufacturing and distributing equipment relating to Professional Catering. SYNEG members are rigorously selected based on strict criteria. They are part of an approach based on social responsibility, and they are committed to complying with the following:
Quality and respect for the environment
- Selling innovative equipment at the cutting edge of technology.
- Equipment that complies with European requirements as well as with current standards in respect of health and safety.
- Equipment that respects the environment for the whole of their lifecycle: design, resources, manufacturing, packaging, transport, collection, and end-of-life recycling.
- Manufacturing conditions that respect the rights of people at work: no child exploitation, union rights, respect for private life, non-discrimination, health and safety at work, etc.
- Respect for know-how, intellectual property, and confidentiality in all their relationships with their stakeholders.
- Applying the principle of negotiating in good faith.
- Placing a ban on prior requirements for entering into or for maintaining a contractual relationship.
- Making societal criteria part of the supplier-selection process.
Client information, advice, and assistance
- Information that is clear, objective, proportionate, pertinent, and trustworthy in respect of their equipment and services.
- Equipment comes with instructions for installation, bringing into service, use, and maintenance.
- Personalised direct or indirect assistance in choosing equipment that is tailored to users’ needs.
- Specialist advice for the best way of setting up and operating equipment.
- The guarantee of their technicians’ professional competence based on lifelong training.
Maintenance and after-sales service
- On-going technical assistance from staff working in installation work and in after-sales service.
- Recommending operating maintenance programmes that are tailored to users’ needs.
- A 10-year guarantee that original or compliance-certified spare parts will be available.
- Civil-liability insurance cover.
SYNEG aims at disseminating all the information and technical guides used in the “Professional Catering” sector. It remains attentive to the satisfaction of its members’ clients.
Complying with the Charter
SYNEG’s Ethics Committee has the task of overseeing compliance with the provisions of this Charter. In the event of an infringement, the Ethics Committee initiates proceedings and informs the Management Board, which has sole competence to take a decision and to implement it.